This inverter provides household power on the go. It converts battery power to 120 V AC household power, allowing you to power up office equipment and household appliances from your vehicle. This unit is ideal for such appliances as microwave ovens (1000 watts or less), coffeemakers, laptops, TVs, video game consoles, CD and DVD players, cell phone chargers, and more.
Power equipment and appliances from your vehicle. Click to enlarge.
Great for automobiles, RVs, boats, tractors, trucks, and more. Click to enlarge.
Includes three grounded AC receptacles and 5-volt USB output. Click to enlarge.
How The Cobra Power Inverter Works
The Cobra power inverter is an electronic product that has been designed and built to take low-voltage DC (Direct Current) power from your automobile or other low-voltage power supplies and convert it to standard 115 volt AC (Alternating Current) power like the current you have in your home. This conversion process thereby allows you to use many of your household appliances and electronic products in automobiles, RVs, boats, tractors, trucks, and virtually anywhere else.
Cobra 1500 Watt Output Waveform
Some very sensitive electronic equipment might not operate satisfactorily on “square wave” or “modified sine wave” power. The output waveform of the Cobra Inverter is a “square wave” or “modified sine wave.” It is a stepped waveform designed to have characteristics similar to the sine wave shape of utility power. A waveform of this nature is suitable for most AC loads, including linear and switching power suppliers used in electronic equipment, transformers, and motors.
With three ground AC receptacles, you can connect and power multiple devices at once.
The 5-Volt USB output allows charging and operation of modern portable devices, such as iPods, BlackBerrys, and cell phones.
Remote On/Off Switch Capable
An optional Remote On/Off Switch can be connected to the Remote Jack, allowing you to turn the Cobra power inverter on or off from a convenient location when the inverter is installed out of reach.
The CPI 1575 will notify you with a flashing meter and alarm sound when there is a power problem, and will shut down for protection in the following situations:
- Current Overload Protection–If the inverter is overloaded, it will shut down to protect itself.
- Short Circuit Protection–If the AC output of the inverter is short-circuited for one second or more, it will shut down to protect itself.
- Low Voltage Protection–If the input voltage drops to 10.0V or less, the inverter will shut down to protect itself.
- High Voltage Protection–If the DC input voltage rises above 15.0V, the inverter will shut down to protect itself.
- Over Temperature Protection–If the internal temperature rises to 40 degrees C (104 degrees F), the inverter will shut down to protect itself.
What’s in the Box
CPI 1575 DC to AC Power Inverter, instruction manual