– Digital Triple Trunking Handheld Scanner
– Intuitive “Object Oriented” User Interface Design
Recognizing that contemporary scanning receivers are too hard to program and use, GREʼs engineers conducted extensive research to determine the functional requirements for an entirely new scanning receiver user interface. We call this new user interface the Object Oriented User Interface (OOUI), and it is based on the premise that, to a hobbyist, a scanner is easiest to use if all of the things that can be scanned are handled using common conventions for interaction between the user and the radio, at least to the extent that this is possible given that the “things” that can be scanned are different from one another in either subtle or major ways.
– Powerful and Flexible Scan List Functionality
– Menu Driven Programming with Context Sensitive Help
– Upgradeable CPU and DSP Firmware
– Flexible Free-Form Memory Organization
– GRE’s Exclusive V-Scanner Technology
GRE’s Exclusive V-Scanner Technology – Allows you to save complete radio configurations within the radio, for recall into main memory as needed in the field. This is similar to having a laptop computer and programming software available anytime. You can use V-Scanners to store configurations for different geographical areas or usage styles. Twenty one V-Scanner Folders are provided, each capable of storing over 1,800 objects. Total memory capacity of main memory combined with V-Scanners is over 37,800 objects!
SKYWARN Storm Spotter Functionality – Instant access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks. You can monitor storm conditions as they occur, and become aware of dangerous conditions before the media or emergency management officials are able to announce them to the general public.
SAME and All Hazards Weather Alerting – Your scanner can operate in dedicated Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) weather alerting mode, and alert you to severe weather and other hazards in the specific area(s) that you select, or, your scanner can check your local NOAA weather frequency
periodically, even while scanning and alert you when an All Hazards alert occurs.
Multi-System Trunking – Scans most common trunked radio system signaling formats, including Motorola, EDACS, LTR and P25 trunked radio networks. Both talkgroup and individual call monitoring are supported.
GRE’s Exclusive Automatic Adaptive Digital Tracking – When monitoring P25 digital systems, instantly adapts the digital decoder to the digital modulation format of the transmitted signal, then analyzes the signal over 50 times each second and adapts to any subtle changes caused by multipath or fading. No cumbersome manual adjustments are required.- P25 NAC Functionality
– Remote Control Capability
– Exclusive ALERT LED
– Audible alarms
– GRE’s Exclusive Automatic Adaptive Digital Tracking
– GRE’s Exclusive Digital AGC
– The Best Subaudible Squelch Decoder in the Scanning Industry
– High Speed PC Interface
– Powerful Spectrum Sweeper
– Real-time Signal Strength Indicator
– Trunking Control Data Output
– High Contrast LCD Display
– SAME and All Hazards Weather Alerting
– SKYWARN Storm Spotter Functionality
– Sleek, Compact Case Design with Large Speaker